Tiger Woods Quotes

1. Hockey is a sport for white men. Basketball is a sport for black men. Golf is a sport for white men dressed like black pimps.



2. As a kid, I might have been psycho, I guess, but I used to throw golf balls in the trees and try and somehow make par from them. I thought that was fun.


3. Achievements on the golf course are not what matters, decency and honesty are what matter.

4. If you are given a chance to be a role model, I think you should always take it because you can influence a person's life in a positive light, and that's what I want to do. That's what it's all about.

5. If money titles meant anything, I'd play more tournaments. The only thing that means a lot to me is winning. If I have more wins than anybody else and win more majors than anybody else in the same year, then it's been a good year.


6. For many my behavior has been a major disappointment, my behavior has caused considerable worry to my business partners, and everyone involved in my business, but most importantly to the young people we influence, I apologize.

7. And I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza.


8. I don't get to live by different rules. The same boundaries that apply to everyone apply to me.







9. All that really matters is I have two beautiful kids, and I'm trying to be the best dad I can possibly be, and that's the most important thing of all.


10. I want to be what I've always wanted to be: dominant.



11. I'm getting back to my old roots.

12. I love to play golf, and that's my arena. And you can characterize it and describe it however you want, but I have a love and a passion for getting that ball in the hole and beating those guys.


13. In therapy I have learned the importance of keeping spiritual life and professional life balanced. I need to regain my balance.



14. Michael left because of the Bulls' management, not because he'd lost his love of playing the game.


15. My dad was my best friend and greatest role model. He was an amazing dad, coach, mentor, soldier, husband and friend.



16. I'm aware if I'm playing at my best I'm tough to beat. And I enjoy that.


17. The virtue of privacy is one that must be protected in matters that are intimate and within one's own family.



18. All I can say is that I'm getting married in the future. I've narrowed it down to that.

19. I do plan to return to golf one day, I just don't know when that day will be.


20. As a child, the family that I had and the love I had from my two parents allowed me to go ahead and be more aggressive, to search and to take risks knowing that, if I failed, I could always come home to a family of love and support.

21. Don't force your kids into sports. I never was. To this day, my dad has never asked me to go play golf. I ask him. It's the child's desire to play that matters, not the parent's desire to have the child play. Fun. Keep it fun.


22. I'm addicted. I'm addicted to golf.







23. I know that balance that I need to have in my life.

24. I felt that I had worked hard my entire life and deserved to enjoy all the temptations around me. I felt I was entitled, and thanks to money and fame, I didn't have to go far to find them.


25. If you're lucky to have three close people in your life, you're blessed.



26. Money and fame made me believe I was entitled. I was wrong and foolish.



27. My failures have made me look at myself in a way I've never wanted to before.

28. The joy I get from winning a major championship doesn't even compare to the feeling I get when a kid writes a letter saying: "Thank you so much. You have changed my life."


29. A lot has transpired in my life.


30. A lot of times I blend in a little bit easier because I'm not like a basketball player who's going to stand out because of his height.

31. America's a melting pot, all races, cultures, religious choices.


32. As you all know, I'm kind of a perfectionist.




33. As a kid when I was growing up, as any kid, you think you know every thing and I was no different to that.

34. Businesswise, everything's been good.


35. Everyone wants to get a piece of me.




36. Every sport evolves. Every sport gets bigger and more athletic, and you have to keep up.

37. Everyone knows what the Masters is, even if you're a non-golfer. People know what Wimbledon is. They know what the Super Bowl is. There are certain events that people just know about.


38. Golf is evolving, every day, every shot.


39. Golf has made me and shaped me into the person I am here today.

40. Golf is me.

41. Golf is something I do selfishly for myself.


42. Green and black go well together, don't they?





43. Hopefully I'll continue to have the success I've had.

44. I am deeply aware of the disappointment and hurt that my infidelity has caused to so many people, most of all my wife and children.


45. I always come from truth.


46. I am not without faults and I am far short of perfect.



47. I am definitely not a politician.


48. I believe in Buddhism. Not every aspect, but most of it. So I take bits and pieces.

49. I did envisage being this successful as a player, but not all the hysteria around it off the golf course.


50. I don't believe that human beings can achieve ultimate enlightenment, because humans have flaws.


51. I don't make any rules.

52. I enjoy what I do.

53. I don't think golf has ever been any pressure as far as having to succeed.


54. I feel like my life is pretty special.



55. I have been fortunate to have my game peak at the right times.




56. I get to play golf for a living. What more can you ask for - getting paid for doing what you love.

57. I hurt my wife, my kids, my mother, my wife's family, my friends, my foundation and kids all around the world who admired me.


58. I have not been true to my values and the behavior my family deserves.

59. I have let my family down and I regret those transgressions with all of my heart.

60. I look at a streak as I don't lose - literally.

61. I lost my ability to will things to happen.

62. I like to pick my causes and not be forced into doing something.


63. I love to compete. That's the essence of who I am.



64. I mean, as an athlete, as a competitor, you have to have that belief in yourself.



65. I miss college.

66. I miss hanging out with my friends, getting in a little trouble. I have to be so guarded now.


67. I ran straight through the boundaries a married couple should live by.

68. I really miss a lot of my friends out there.

69. I probably will have to become more political down the road when my playing days are done, because I'm going to have to have the support of others to grow my foundation.

70. I really don't feel like playing anymore.


71. I remember there was a time when people were saying I could never win again.



72. I started changing my swing in late 1999.



73. I saw a person that I never thought I would ever become.

74. I think that in itself, if you're a true golfer, you'll see specific things you need to work on. Much cheaper than private lessons.


75. I stopped living according to my core values. I knew what I was doing was wrong but thought only about myself and thought I could get away with whatever I wanted to.







76. I thoroughly enjoy getting away from the game and going out fishing because it's so relaxing, so quiet and peaceful. I mean, there's no noise other than nature - and it's so different from what I do in a tournament situation that it just eases my mind.


77. I was living a life of a lie, I really was.

78. I wake up every day and I can't wait to go to work, and that's a gift. Not too many people have the opportunity to feel that way.

79. I'd gotten away from my Buddhism. And I quit meditating.

80. I'm all or nothing.

81. I'd like to share my experiences and the lessons I've learned and hopefully create some amazing, fun courses.


82. I'll tell you what, I've been in some seriously bad places playing golf and it's just part of the game.




83. I'm going to try to keep getting better.

84. I'm committed to try to make the product the best I possibly can.


85. I'm lucky to have been able to represent different companies over my career.







86. I'm not as far along as Jack Nicklaus was at this age, but I'm trying.

87. I've always had that knack for staying pretty even keel and the more the situation gets tense the more I see things clearly and I think that's just a knack that I've always had.


88. I've been a gamer all my life.


89. I've always known where I wanted to go in life.



90. I've done some pretty bad things in my life.

91. I've gotten more buff.

92. I've exceeded a few of my goals, but I'm behind on a couple of others.


93. It will always be the ball and me.

94. It's cool now to play golf.

95. I've had the luxury of playing golf around the world, and I've spent a lot of time evaluating how to play all kinds of courses.

96. Life has been good.


97. My dad used to say: "Just because you dress up in a coat and tie, it doesn't influence your intelligence."


98. Most players I play with, I don't look at their swing when they're over the ball or anything like that.

99. My father had always called me Sam since the day I was born. He rarely ever called me Tiger. I would ask him: "Why don't you ever call me Tiger?" He says: "Well, you look more like a Sam".


100. My kids are doing just great.

101. My main focus is on my game.

102. My mom was tough.

103. My mother was right when she said that turning pro would take away my youth.


104. People don't understand that when I grew up, I was never the most talented. I was never the biggest. I was never the fastest. I certainly was never the strongest. The only thing I had was my work ethic, and that's been what has gotten me this far.


105. Sensationalism sells: Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story.

106. The majority of my blood is Asian.


107. The major championships have always been a special focus in my career, and as a professional, I think Augusta is where I need to be.

108. The amount of meetings I've been in - people would be shocked. But that's how you gain experience, how you can gain knowledge, being in meetings and participating. You learn and grow.

109. The Masters is where I won my first major, and I view this tournament with great respect. After a long and necessary time away from the game, I feel like I'm ready to start my season at Augusta.


110. The thing you don't dream about as a kid is all the peripheral stuff that comes with success.






111. There are golfers everywhere who may never get a chance to play a links course in Scotland, a tree-lined course in America or the sand belts of Australia. Hopefully I can bring some of those elements into their backyards.


112. There are still courses in the United States that I am not allowed to play because of the color of my skin.





113. There's no sense in going to a tournament if you don't believe that you can win it. And that is the belief I have always had. And that is not going to change.


114. Well, you know, a lot of people look at the negative things, the things that they did wrong and - which I do. But I like to stress on the things I did right, because there are certain things that I like to look at from a positive standpoint that are just positive reinforcement.

115. To have the opportunity to complete the slam at the Open at St Andrews, the home of golf, is something I will never ever forget.


116. Winning is not always the barometer of getting better.








117. To be able to hold all four majors - the Masters, U.S. Open, British Open, PGA - all concurrently I think is the Grand Slam. But a lot of people have a different opinions on that. People think you have to win it in the same calendar year.


118. You can always become better.







119. Younger guys now are all working out, and you find that if everyone's doing it and you're not doing it, you're going to be left behind.

120. You can win all the tournaments you want, but the majors are what you're remembered for. It's how you're measured as a champion in our sport. The majors are where it's at.


121. Days when you just don't have it, you don't mail it in, you don't pack it in, you give it everything you've got. You grind it out, I don't care what kind of game you have, you somehow try and find a way to get it done...That's part of my attitude and belief, that you should always have the switch on. You can't turn it on and off.

122. Well I think one of the things as far as golf, one of the things my dad kept instilling in me was the joy of the game. He made it fun for me. A lot of the times I see a lot of the kids, they don't enjoy being out there and that's a shame, you're supposed to enjoy the game.

123. I don't think you're ever there. You never arrive, but if you do, you might as well quit because you're already there. Can't get any better. And as players, if you ever have that moment - you should never have that moment. You're always trying to get better.


124. You can play from the wrong position for a long time with good hands, but eventually it's going to catch up with you.

125. I think the golf swing is all about rotation, all about trying to keep the club on plane.


126. It is pretty cool to have my own video game. As a kid, growing up, it was something I never even thought of. I thought about just trying to get the new game that was coming out, so that my buddies (and) I, we could all enjoy it together. When I was a kid, never once in my wildest dream - even when I turned pro - that was never something that I really thought about, having my own video game. Thanks to EA, it's a reality.

127. Family's first. That's the way it was when I was growing up. My family, my mom and dad were always there, they were always present for me. And that's what I am with my kids now.


128. It's never a relief when you miss a cut. I've missed two of them so far in my career, and neither of them feel very good, especially when you bogey the last hole on both of them. It's disappointing any time you miss the cut because you're here for four rounds to try to compete to win a account and now I don't get that opportunity to win the golf tournament.

129. You always know it's not going to be like this forever. That's just - it's part of playing sports. You're always going to have down cycles. Unfortunately we go through those times. You don't ever want to go through them, trust me, it doesn't feel good, but it's just part of playing sport, and especially in our sport, longevity is just huge here. You've got a career that could literally span - for me, 30 years on the regular Tour. There's no other profession really like that, that you can play at a high level for that long. No, you're going to have periods like that. You can't win every tournament.


130. People thought it was asinine for me to change my swing after I won the Masters by 12 shots… Why would you want to change that? Well, I thought I could become better. If I play my best, I'm pretty tough to beat. I'd like to play my best more frequently, and that's the whole idea. That's why you make changes. I thought I could become more consistent.

131. I can tell you what, it was tough, it was really tough to look at yourself in a light that you never want to look at yourself, that's pretty brutal…

132. If you're not nervous, it means you don't care.


133. The greatest thing about tomorrow is, I will be better than I am today. And that's how I look at my life. I will be a better golfer, I will be a better person, I will be a better father, I will be a better husband, I will be a better friend. That's the beauty of tomorrow.

134. If you gone come in second, you're just the first loser!

135. If you can't laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at?




What do you think of Tiger Woods quotes?



Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!
You have read this article Celebrities with the title Tiger Woods Quotes. You can bookmark this page URL http://princess-protectionprogram.blogspot.com/2013/02/tiger-woods-quotes.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...