Joan Collins Quotes

1. Age is just a number. It's totally irrelevant unless, of course, you happen to be a bottle of wine.


2. The problem with beauty is that it's like being born rich and getting poorer.

3. I'm extremely happy in my life. I consider myself to be very blessed.


4. Dynasty was the opportunity to take charge of my career rather than waiting around like a library book waiting to be loaned out.

5. If life throws you a lemon - make lemonade.


6. And we have not found any generational gap at all. If he wants to go a football game, he goes. If I want to go to a fashion show, I go. We don't have to do everything together. But we like doing most things together.


7. I've never yet met a man who could look after me. I don't need a husband. What I need is a wife.


8. Loneliness is the universal problem of rich people.



9. And I kissed a lot of frogs as well, but no, I kissed a lot of frogs and now I've found my prince.

10. And I used to write novels and little stories and compositions and I - but I put them away because I started acting when I was 17. So there wasn't much time.


11. And I think of that again as I've written in several of my beauty books, a lot of health comes from the proper eating habits, which are something that - you know, I come from a generation that wasn't - didn't have a lot of food.

12. And then I wrote my first autobiography when I - well, it was 23 years ago. And since then I've written about one book every two years.


13. Basically, though, I believe in eating well, not eating too much but eating a variety of foods.




14. But I have had to give up certain things in my life. One is shopping. Two is lunch with the girls. Three is cocktail parties, and four is studying my lines.

15. I consider you as old as you look and feel. And in that case I feel - I feel I'm about 39, like Jack Benny.


16. I do it because I love acting, I love working, and whether it's radio, television, films, theater, I don't care as long as I can get out there and do it.




17. I don't buy into you're on the slag heap when you're 40 or 50 or 60 or 70 or whatever.

18. I don't believe in dieting.

19. I have a lot of male friends.


20. I have the absolute utmost respect for soap opera actors now. They work harder than any actor I know in any other medium. And they don't get very much approbation for it.

21. I really feel now like a native New Yorker. And I'm very happy here.

22. I mean, even my dressing room at the studio has candles and cushions and cashmere rugs and things.

23. I think health is another exceedingly important thing.

24. I received an OBE from the Queen, which probably doesn't mean anything in America but is quite nice in England - the Order of the British Empire for services to drama.


25. I think dieting is bad for you.

26. I think it has something to do with being British. We don't take ourselves as seriously as some other countries do. I think a lot of people take themselves far too seriously; I find that a very tedious attitude. 



27. I think, Larry, one of the things is I'm a very active person.

28. I'm older than my sister so I started writing first. I started writing at school. I was always top of my class in composition, essays, English Lit and all of that.

29. Show me a person who has never made a mistake and I'll show you somebody who has never achieved much.

30. The easiest way to convince my kids that they don't really need something is to get it for them. 


31. The secret of having a personal life is not answering too many questions about it. 




32. Well I've written four beauty books as well.

33. Yes, I love playing cartoony characters. Been known for that.

34. I enjoyed being an adulteress... taking a certain vengeance for the fact that my husband was not being faithful. (1984)


35. The unfortunate statistics are that there are far more available and fabulous over-40 women than there are available and fabulous over-40 men.

36. It is unseemly to undress on stage. I won't do that.



37. I have always tried to live my life with enthusiasm and pleasure.

38. After a certain age, you get the face you deserve.

39. I've never been that keen on Shakespeare.

40. She's the Iron Lady and I want to be just like that when I grow up. (On Margaret Thatcher's 80th birthday)


41. Even when you win the rat race, you're still a rat.






42. Rossellini was a stubborn, opinionated genius who had total autonomy over all his productions. (On Italian film director Roberto Rossellini)

43. He's arrogant - the sort of man who expects women to fall at his feet at the slightest command; who throws his weight around. He gives the impression that he's the star, what he says goes and that nobody else is very important. (on George Peppard)

44. People still want to talk to me about that episode - some remember me more for that than anything else I've done. (On her guest starring role on "Star Trek" - 1966/ Sept/Oct 2006 Star Trek Magazine, Issue #1)


45. I've never chased fame. I came into this business to be a theatre actress. I was nine when I first appeared on stage. But I can't say I would turn my back on fortune. I'm someone who enjoys the benefits of money. I created a lifestyle for myself. Nobody else did it for me. Everything I have I've bought with my own money.




46. She appears to have the world by the balls, but underneath she's trying to solve the problem of loneliness, which I think is the universal problem of all rich people. (on her character in "The Bitch")

47. And we have not found any generational gap at all. If he wants to go a football game, he goes. If I want to go to a fashion show, I go. We don't have to do everything together. But we like doing most things together.


48. I mean, even my dressing room at the studio has candles and cushions and cashmere rugs and things.




49. I was thinking, who of the English actresses in the last 30 or 40 years have achieved as much as I have? (1955)

50. I loathe conflict, and I loathe not getting along well with people, so I always try very hard to be on the best terms with the people I work with.

51. According to my sister, the expert novelist Jackie Collins, most men stray. And sex doesn't mean anything to most men. But I wouldn't date a man who slept around. Absolutely not. I've divorced people for that.


52. It's like the Roman Empire. Wasn't everybody running around just covered with syphilis? And then it was destroyed by the volcano.




53. I did have one, but I forgot, it's called something "Given?" Yes, yes, I think that's the favorite, so I think I might go for an outsider instead.

54. I ruefully realized I should have listened to my own common sense rather than the advice of others who have the less-than-altruistic motive of making money.

55. My husband and I started off as friends, which has been very important for our relationship.


56. This is the third time we have worked together. We get along brilliantly so I feel great about it.





57. I've fallen in love maybe five times in my life. But it's a long life. I do get crushes. Whether it's men or women or babies.



What do you think of Joan Collins quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!
You have read this article Celebrities with the title Joan Collins Quotes. You can bookmark this page URL http://princess-protectionprogram.blogspot.com/2012/10/joan-collins-quotes.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...