Kate Bush Quotes

1. It's not important to me that people understand me.
-->








2. But I don't have a very good track record with royalty. My dress fell off in front of Prince Charles at the Prince's Trust, so I'm just living up to my reputation.


3. Clothes are such a strong part of who a human being is.




4. For me, having a child is a really great responsibility because you've got something there that is depending on you for information and love until a certain age when it goes to school.

5. I had friends but I was spending a great deal of my time alone and for me that was vital because there's an awful lot you learn about yourself when you're alone.


6. For the last 12 years, I've felt really privileged to be living such a normal life. It's so a part of who I am.









7. I think probably the only thing that is around in these songs is that I was really lonely when I wrote a lot of them. But it was really by my own choosing because I was devoting myself to songwriting and dancing and I wasn't really going out and seeing people.


8. I've read a couple of things that I was sort of close to having a nervous breakdown. But I don't think I was. I was very, very tired. It was a really difficult time.






9. I think quotes are very dangerous things.

10. My first Top of the Pops I didn't want to do. I was terrified. I'd never done television before. Seeing the video afterwards was like watching myself die.


11. What I've tended to do is to use my own experiences to get into someone else's mind, like in "Wuthering Heights".








12. Artists shouldn't be made famous. You know…they're jus…as important as…um doctors, and priests…or maybe not as important sometimes, and yet they have this huge aura of almost god-like quality about them, just because their craft makes a lot of money. And at the same time it is a forced importance - you know, football stars and theatre stars - It is man-made so the press can feed off it.


13. I do think I go out of my way to be a very normal person and I just find it frustrating that people think that I'm some kind of weirdo reclusive that never comes out into the world. Y'know, I'm a very strong person and I think that's why actually I find it really infuriating when I read: "She had a nervous breakdown" or "She's not very mentally stable, just a weak, frail little creature".

14. There were so many times I thought: "I'll have the album finished this year, definitely, we'll get it out this year." Then there were a couple of years where I thought: "I'm never gonna do this." If I could make albums quicker, I'd be on a roll wouldn't I? Everything just seems to take so much time. I don't know why. Time…evaporates.


15. I believe in the magic reality of transformation. I believe that in myself occurs a continual mutation - as if from the larva of a nymph, from a chrysalis nymph in the process of sublimation. Music, dance, and art have these powers as well. I dream and I believe that I am able to transmute into a butterfly.


16. School was a very cruel environment and I was a loner. But I learnt to get hurt and I learnt to cope with it.

17. I'm so pleased with everyone's work on this record. There are some lovely performances and I hope you will all feel it's been worth the wait. Bertie keeps me very busy, he is so much fun.



What do you think of Kate Bush quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!
You have read this article Celebrities with the title Kate Bush Quotes. You can bookmark this page URL http://princess-protectionprogram.blogspot.com/2012/10/kate-bush-quotes.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...