Candice Bergen Quotes

1. When are you going to realize that if it doesn't apply to me it doesn't matter?



2. Though beauty gives you a weird sense of entitlement, it's rather frightening and threatening to have others ascribe such importance to something you know you're just renting for a while.

3. I couldn't hold it together today. George Clooney asked me if I was OK, and I practically collapsed. I couldn't stop crying, I had to go off sobbing like an idiot.


4. I didn't have a financial need, and I wasn't very gifted at relationships. I probably was more like what we think of boys as being: hard to pin down and wary of commitment.

5. I never have really said much about the whole episode, which was endless. But his speech was a perfectly intelligent speech about fathers not being dispensable and nobody agreed with that more than I did.


6. I have never appreciated a quiet moment with a friend as much, a quiet moment with a book and I think part of that is my obsession with being older and time going faster and it's become increasingly sweeter for me.





7. Not that we didn't have close relationships with our parents - I'm very close to my mom - but parents didn't think anything of going off for a few weeks and leaving their kids.


8. Beauty set up distance between other people and me. It warped their behavior.


9. The most important thing in life is your family. There are days you love them, and others you don't. But, in the end, they're the people you always come home to. Sometimes it's the family you're born into and sometimes it's the one you make for yourself.

10. I guess I was a mom so late in life, my daughter was the greatest thing since sliced bread.


11. I revealed too much too soon. I was emotionally slutty.


12. People see you as an object, not as a person, and they project a set of expectations onto you. People who don't have it think beauty is a blessing, but actually it sets you apart.

13. It takes a long time to become a person.

14. At an age when most actresses are being phased out, I am being phased in - with a vengeance.


15. No matter who broke your heart, or how long it takes to heal, you’ll never get through it without your friends.







16. Glamorized…am I glamorous?

17. Later that day I got to thinking about relationships. There are those that open you up to something new and exotic, those that are old and familiar, those that bring up lots of questions, those that bring you somewhere unexpected, those that bring you far from where you started, and those that bring you back. But the most exciting, challenging, and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone to love the you you love, well, that's just fabulous.


18. Dreams are, by definition, cursed with short life spans.


19. I may not be a great actress but I've become the greatest at screen orgasms. Ten seconds of heavy breathing, roll your head from side to side, simulate a slight asthma attack and die a little.

20. But it was hard to leave because the show's been so important in our lives.

21. I love the sort of cat and mouse with Denny Crane and that's really fun to play.


22. Hollywood is like Picasso's bathroom.


23. I'd seen the show, and I'd read the reviews of the show, and I said: "Oh! What I wouldn't give to work with those two guys".



24. I believe a lot in monogamy, let me tell you.

25. I remember the pilot like it was yesterday...From the day I read that script, there was some kind of destiny to it.


26. I admit that Post-it note sheets that adhere to virtually any surface are now my substitute of choice for retention.





27. Maybe if people are getting worn out with reality shows, which they don't seem to be, comedies will start reasserting themselves.

28. I got the role I loved the most at a point in my career when most women are being phased out.


29. (on her less-than voluptuous figure) I'd LIKE to have tits.


30. I certainly love doing comedy and feel most comfortable near it.



31. (on Elliott Gould) He was the first person to teach me to enjoy acting. He never throws a tantrum, never gets into a snit.

32. I have never savored life with such gusto as I do now.


33. Hollywood has been vulgarized, mostly by television, which vulgarizes everything.





34. I remember being in tears at the hospital after Chloe was born, at the thought that someday she would have to leave home.

35. (on Lee Marvin) He was everything I hoped and feared he would be - as unpredictable, honest, intimidating and inflammable as I had imagined. He is unusually interesting in the way that was more interesting than peace. I thought if I got out of there merely disfigured I'd be lucky.


36. I was getting offers. I had just turned them down. Then I realized I should be grateful that at age 54, people were still offering me film roles.





37. Acting has never done anything for me except encourage my vanity and provoke my arrogance.

38. I've never felt more comfortable in my skin, I've never enjoyed life as much and I feel so lucky.


39. (Talking about Burt Reynolds) I have always said Burt's sensitivity and generosity were in great measure responsible for my Academy Award nomination for "Starting Over".





40. It's impossible to be more flat-chested than I am.

41. I used to believe that marriage would diminish me, reduce my options. That you had to be someone less to live with someone else when, of course, you have to be someone more.


42. Memory is the first casualty of middle age, if I remember correctly.






43. It's not just in Hollywood that women run the risk of being passed by once they reach 50. It happens in real life, too.

44. (on Gene Hackman) When acting is done well it is an extraordinary craft, and there are some who approach it like a job. It is breathtaking and inspiring to see someone like Gene Hackman, who is absolutely unpretentious and has never gone through the imbecilities and self-aggrandizement of other actors.


45. Men say they love independence in a woman, but they don't waste a second demolishing it brick by brick.



46. Self-acceptance has been a blessed by-product of middle age.



47. Were women meant to do everything - work and have babies?



What do you think of Candice Bergen's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!
You have read this article Celebrities with the title Candice Bergen Quotes. You can bookmark this page URL http://princess-protectionprogram.blogspot.com/2013/06/candice-bergen-quotes.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...