Errol Flynn Quotes

1. I allow myself to be known as a colorful fragment in a drab world.

2. My dream of happiness: A quiet spot by the Jamaican seashore looking out at the activity in the ocean, hearing the wind sob with the beauty and the tragedy of everything. Looking out over nine miles of ocean, hearing some happy laughter near-by. Sitting under an almond tree, with the leaf spread over me like an umbrella.


3. I got more of a kick out of writing than I do out of making pictures.


4. (from a 1958 CBC radio interview with Tony Thomas) I've had a hell of a lot of fun, and I've enjoyed it, every minute of it.


5. Any man who has $10,000 left when he dies is a failure.

6. (Alexis Smith, co-star, asking Errol if he wanted to live to be an old man) No, I like this half of life best and I want to live it to the hilt.


7. I get the feeling that life is slipping by me - the time is passing and I am not living fully.


8. I do what I like.

9. I had now made about 45 pictures, but what had I become? I knew all too well: a phallic symbol. All over the world I was, as a name and personality, equated with sex.

10. I like my whisky old and my women young.


11. If I have any genius it is a genius for living.


12. I suppose most of us act all our lives. We have a facade, a front. We imagine ourselves to be what we're not, don't we?

13. I'm thinking of giving up acting and devoting myself to full-time litigation.

14. By instinct I'm an adventurer; by choice I'd like to be a writer; by pure, unadulterated luck, I'm an actor.


15. It was pleasant to be carefree and irresponsible - but these days, there doesn't seem to be any geography left in which to be carefree and irresponsible.


16. It isn't what they say about you, it's what they whisper.

17. I've lived twice and I've had a marvelous life.

18. I've made six or seven good films - the others, not so good.


19. I don't care if she doesn't know how to cook - so long as she doesn't know a good lawyer.




20. My father was never anti-anything in our house.

21. I felt rich when I had accumulated twenty-five dollars.


22. My job is to defy the normal.

23. My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.

24. They've great respect for the dead in Hollywood, but none for the living.

25. I felt like an impostor, taking all that money for reciting ten or twelve lines of nonsense a day.

26. You once liked the blissful mobility, but then you wonder, who's the real you? And who's the chap on the screen? You know, I catch myself acting out my life like a goddamn script.


27. Women won't let me stay single and I won't let me stay married.

28. (after working three weeks on In the "Wake of the Bounty", his first film) I hadn't the least idea of what I was doing, except that I was supposed to be an actor.

29. If there's anyone listening to whom I owe money, I'm prepared to forget it if you are.

30. The public has always expected me to be a playboy, and a decent chap never lets his public down.

31. Guys, I don't sing and I don't dance. I don't know how I can entertain you.


What do you think of Errol Flynn's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!
You have read this article Celebrities with the title Errol Flynn Quotes. You can bookmark this page URL http://princess-protectionprogram.blogspot.com/2013/06/errol-flynn-quotes.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...